Waterproof Mattress Pad To Protect Your Bed From Bedwetting Accident
Last Updated on September 22, 2021 by Shield Bedwetting Alarm
A waterproof mattress pad might be the most important accessory to have for your bed to safeguard against spills, stains, and leaks resulting from bedwetting accidents, fluids, and sweat. Specially for those who have issues with incontinence. waterproof mattress pad comes in different materials with each one offering unique advantages and disadvantages. Finding one that fits your needs is important. There are many types of waterproof bedding that ranges from vinyl to mattress covers.
Below we have compiled a list of different types of waterproof mattress pad that come in various types, each made to fill a specific purpose.
- Vinyl covers are made of plastic and are easy to clean. Vinyl covers are advantageous because they do not require a laundry machine. Vinyl covers can be wiped off with a damp cloth. However, liquid may slide off and create an even bigger mess. Vinyl covers are disposable and can be taken on vacation for conveniences.
- Some waterproof mattress pads are made of absorbent material with layered protection. These types of bedding absorb the liquid and don’t allow the liquid to spill. They come in multiple sizes and protect the underlying bed sheets from getting wet. Waterproof mattress pads come in two variety like disposable and reusable. Reusable overlays can be washed, while disposables can be used on overnight trips.
- Premium waterproof mattress pads are breathable mattress covers that are made of polyurethane that allows air to pass through, but still prevent liquids from seeping through. They encase the mattress preventing fluids from seeping in and thus protects the mattress very well. Check out the Quilted Waterproof Mattress Pad.
What does a waterproof mattress pad do?
It is recommended that adults should get 7-9 hours of sleep each night, and children needing more. Since your mattress is going to be used for at least 7 hours each night, why would you not want to keep it fresh and protected?
Waterproof mattress pad can so the following five things things:
- Protects mattresses from liquid spills, body sweat, perspiration and urine from bedwetting.
- Increases mattress life by protecting top layer from getting exposed to urine and liquids
- Gives fresh feeling in the morning when a user wakes up on a soiled bed
- Eliminates stain and odor causing bacteria; some special waterproof mattress pads accomplish just that
- Motivate children to sleep dry and possibly use a bedwetting alarm knowing that they will wake up dry int he morning.
There are more reasons for everyone to purchase a waterproof mattress pad. Visit Shield Bedwetting Alarm for variety of waterproof mattress pad.